To ensure that Nanuet, its boards, and, when appropriate, other neighboring municipalities:
- safeguard the health and safety of all our citizens and first responders:
- protect the environmental resources including air, water, flora, fauna, historic and scenic assets and community character
- ensure the laws as set forth by local, county, state and federal governments are followed
- educate residents on the importance of participating in land use reviews and how to communicate their concerns to municipal decision makers
- advocate against excessive land use variances and approvals that adversely affect our very diverse community
To accomplish our mission, we interface with state, county and local governments and agencies, and first responders to identify unsustainable, unsafe, and/or unlawful proposed development, as well as illegal housing practices.
We retain lawyers and consultants to advise, prepare and take action, when necessary and appropriate, in furtherance of our mission.
We created our organization to help ensure that Nanuet will make more informed land use decisions, follow the law in making those decisions and properly enforce state and local codes before, during and after development. We hope our efforts to educate and advocate will lead to better decision-making that is more respectful of the environment and the concerns of all residents who have a vested interest in maintaining a sustainable and harmonious community.
Membership- We have Supporting members and Voting members.
Supporting members are anyone who has paid the current annual dues and they will receive all member communications.
Voting members must be current with their annual dues and must also reside with the Nanuet School district boundaries. To be eligible to be on the ballot to be elected to the Board you must first qualify as a voting member.