What is CUPON Nanuet?
CUPON Nanuet is an affiliate of CUPON that was formed in 2014 by Hillcrest based volunteers to control inappropriate and unsustainable development in Hillcrest. Since that time, other neighborhood CUPON groups have formed, including ours.
We aim to combat any safety violations that endanger families and first-responders and threaten the environment.. We need your help to strengthen and increase our impact.
We are an all-volunteer, non-profit, community based organization that was formed to educate and advocate. Please read our Mission Statement and join us if you agree.
We are part of a much larger movement to protect and preserve the environmental resources of our local neighborhoods including community character.. Here are some CUPON successes in Rockland County:
- Stopped conversion of single family houses into multi-family houses based on excessive variances
- Stopped development of multi-family housing project based on illegal use variance
- Stopped conversion of a single family house into a rooming house
- Prevented a church from being converted to a large school use without going through planning board review
- Reported 35+ illegal housing complaints
- Reported 60+ code violations
- Worked with State legislators and others on fighting blockbusting
- Conducted community educational events
- Keep Rockland Beautiful – Hillcrest clean up
- Charity – Food donations to People To People
- State, County, Town officials and Builders acknowledge our organization
- Raised awareness in other towns, county and state communities
- Distributed “Keep Our Neighborhood Beautiful” flyers containing pertinent information on trash, garbage collection, property codes, etc.